XS650 Charging Systems, Fully HHB Tested and Approved, our Updated PMA System is what these bikes have been begging for all along!
Our Tried and True PMA Systems for your XS650. We were the originators of the bolt on PMA systems, and I’m happy to release them again to you folks.
Lets get to it:
- 200W Max Charging Output
- Upgraded Connectors from prior, using Sumitomo connectors from now on.
- Battery-less operation is supported using a proper Capacitor in it’s place (we have those too!), our test bikes are a 1 kick machine even when cold.
- Lithium Ion Batteries are supported when you choose our MOSFET technology regulator – a nice upgrade for sure!
- 100% Hugh’s HandBuilt Sourced – no more mixing and matching components from 2-3 different companies
- 95% Bolt-On System(Minor soldering/crimping needed, but worth noting.)
- Unmatched Hugh’s HandBuilt Tech Support and Install Articles, wiring diagrams, and more…
- Replacement Component Availability – should you need it, we got it!
- HHB PMA Charging System w/Standard Regulator
- Custom Wound 200W Stator
- Best used with traditional lighting/accessories. Not suggested for low draw LED lighting (read more here, clicky clicky)
- NEW HHB One Piece Stator Mount
- Timing Sticker
- Mounting Hardware and NEW Sumitomo Style Wire Connectors
- Engine Case Grommet for wiring.
- Flywheel Puller to remove the system, do maintenance on crank seals, etc (does NOT Remove the OEM Charging Rotor!, we have those in our store if needed, clicky clicky)
- Detailed Install Instructions (Don’t sweat it, you know our style, you can do this!)
- *NOT Recommended for use with Lithium Ion Batteries when using Standard Regulator, select the MOSFET instead.
- HHB PMA Charging System w/MOSFET Regulator
- Same as Above, just adds a MOSFET Technology Regulator –(read more here, clicky clicky)
- Suitable for use with low draw accessories (LED Lighting, etc)
- Suitable for use with properly sized Lithium Ion Batteries.
Thanks for all your support folks! As always, ya’ll make this the best job in the world! Hugh Owings – Hugh’s HandBuilt
Hugh – Hugh’s HandBuilt
** Images Shown may not reflect the actual product, I need a new camera guy, he is me… I suck… Its ok, the product kicks ass anyhow.
By far the best brand charging system I’ve used. Top notch instructions and customer service
Chuck McFarland –
Far and away the best charging system. Easy to install with the BEST customer service you will find!
Ben N Hall –
Super easy install! Probably the best set of instructions I have ever seen in anything! Straight forward with no step being skipped. Great performance, fast shopping, and a solid product like everything from HHB
Awesome product. Hugh put in the time and effort to produce a top notch PMA charging system and it shows. Detailed instructions make for an easy install and it works great. Would highly recommend.
Jonathan Reece –
Great system, install is idiot proof, and great customer support. This the best system out there. I mean there’s something to be said when the competitors install instructions tell you to go by Hughs. The only problem I have with it is the description does not say anything about it not working with 81-83 factory ignition systems.
Bought the original PMA kit, and with a quick email to Hugh was upgraded to the MOSFET Regulator (now standard) in the kit. Easy install and haven’t had any problems after 3+ years of operation. Great way to bring the old bike to the 21st century and simplify the charging system.
B. Dave –
Great kit. Easy install.
did not purchase this model i believe I have one that is discontinued but mine still works wonderful .I can go downstairs in the dinning room an fire it up every time c:
Rad ignition from a rad dude. This is the second ignition I’ve used and one has been working without issue for 3 years and one is flawless after a year.
Kev C –
received My CDI/PMA (which was on backorder) delivered to Western Australia in half the time Hugh said it would take, the system install was easy with the supplied manual, I was blown away when i put the timing light on the bike and it was running and timed perfect out of the box, great work putting together a high quality kit, (i since broke the stator plate and pickup when the bike fell off the lift) so now I can attest that Hugh’s after purchase service is second to none. cant recommend Hugh’s hand-built enough.
Works so great I bought 2 of them and my son installed his on his bike when he was 16!! Super easy to do! Never had a problem with either unit!! HHB is the best!
James J Carman (verified owner) –
If you buy this kit from someone else,,your either stupid or dont care about that xs650,,I have two pma kits on bikes and they never let me down,,plus hugh has your back if you have questions or problems,,,I’m a customer for life and you should be too
Robert Nelson (verified owner) –
Installed this on a 1977 chopper build about 5 years ago. If you are new to wiring or an old pro this is the simplest most user-friendly pma ever. I ran a kick only with capacitor left the starter just in case it wasn’t as good as advertised. Never let me down fires first kick every time can’t say enough about how good it is. A++ in my book.
Cody Dal Nevo (verified owner) –
The best you can buy! Simple to follow instructions and high quality components! Its why HHB is the best in the business!
Billy Jones –
If you’re tired of dead batteries, ignition that doesn’t work, not being able to keep the timing adjusted properly and would like a modern electrical system on your XS650 then Hugh’s Complete XS650 PMA Charging System is exactly what you need.
Jared Slattery –
Buy the real deal! You wont be dissatisfied. Best customer service in the business.
Tim “Scrappy” B –
If you are building, or restoring any XS650…this is a MUST get. Period. The absolute best from the best. Rid yourself of the flawed stock system, and put this in. Pair it up with the ignition system from Hugh as well for trouble free spark and charging.
Great product! Well designed, clear instructions and works just as it should. Definitely worth putting it in your bike.
michael coffey –
This is my go to replacement charging system for the XS650. easy to install and reliable.
Brian Vandemortel (verified owner) –
Hugh is a stand behind his work kind of guy can’t go wrong purchased his Pma system had some questions he was all ears and gladly helped out hard to find guys like that in a small business that actually cares about his customers and his reputation
Amazing instructions, one kick 1980 xs650! Thanks Hugh!
Nick P –
To start off the instructions are top notch. Hugh spent a lot of time not only making a quality kit but on his instructions. Not only are they very detailed but they have colored pictures. When he puts the kit together he marks a lot of the parts with paint markers so it’s easy to understand. I’m running a Morris magneto and he got back to me with in minutes of messaging him with questions I had for him. Not only that but he has answered a few questions for me that didn’t even have anything to do with his product. The customer service is where it’s at! Great customer service and great parts! Thanks Hugh!